Me and Holland

Me and Holland

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Eventful

WoW!  Just when things couldn't get more interesting!!!

I get a phone call from  my boyfriend telling me that we have a golden retriever in our front yard, at about 9am.  Um... Ok...  We don't own a golden retriever!  LOL  He tells me my (soon-to-be ex) husband called the non-emergency police and they told him there's nothing they can do until 4pm when the pound opens.  WHAT!!  What are we supposed to do with a dog from 9am to 4pm!?!?!?  Thankfully my two darling precious doggies (Hera and Peaches) get along with ths golden retriever and we were able to let them all be around eachother.  We (my boyfried my (S2Bex) husband, and myself) took Hera, Peaches, and this golden retriever for a walk to the nearby vet to see if she was microchipped.  OF COURSE NOT!  But the vet said she looks healthy.  We're guessing about 4 years old, however my mother says maybe older.  Not to sure.  She's fixed and she's a she.  LOL  I checked her for ear mites, fleas, and ticks, but couldn't find any.  Gave her a "bubby bath".  She'll probably take all year to dry because of all her hair.  LOL  She was well taken care of, based on her belly size and her manners.  She knows "sit", "lay", etc...  Our guess is that her owners are either elderly or a family with lots of kids, based on her belly size.  ;)  I'd love to keep her if we don't find the owner(s), but (1) we have NO room and (2) we can't afford it.  She's a doll though!



Not the best photo, but you get the idea.  I'm calling her "Q T Pie".  It suits her.

Now, I come to work and find out that my company that I work for (which is a not for profit organization) is not only changing it's name, it's now part of a nationwide company and not just a local company.  I'm shocked.  I knew they were talking about a name change, BUT not a company change.  There's a new name launch "party" tomorrow and hopefully we'll be able to get more information.  I'm hoping this means our medical insurance costs for next year will go down, therefore I can get them,, instead of paying the $100 per pay period for ONE person and having a $30 co-pay at each doctor's visit.  EEK!!!

No comments: